Terms and Conditions
This is the website of ‘Social Justice Department’ maintained by Centre for Development of Imaging Technology (C-DIT). All content (text, graphics, links, scripts, software, images, audio, video, etc.) on this website is made available to visitors only for the lawful use and purposes as described below.
Permission to use Materials (such as free downloads, white papers, press releases, datasheets and FAQs) from this server ("Server") is granted, provided that:
- the below copyright notice appears in all copies of any downloaded software together with this permission notice,
- use of the software and information from this site is subject to the End-User License Agreement, is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only, and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast, or published in any media, and
- no modifications of any downloaded or site materials are made. Use for any other purpose is prohibited by law. The site materials specified above do not include the design or layout of the Social Justice Department’s website or any other Social Justice Department owned, operated, licensed or controlled site. Elements of Social Justice Department website may be protected by trademark, copyright, patent and other laws, and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, except under the terms of the End-User License Agreement. No logo, graphic, sound or image from any Social Justice Department website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by the Department. Social Justice Department is a trademark of SWD Kerala - trademark may be used as a hyper-link without obtaining prior permission from Social Justice Department. The department may provide links and pointers to other Internet sites not controlled by it. It may not have reviewed, and is not responsible for the content, products and/or services offered on linked or pointed sites.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
Social Justice Department’s website is provided to you free of charge, and on an "AS IS" basis, without any technical support or warranty of any kind from the department. Accordingly, SOCIAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. These limitations and exclusions of warranties and liability do not affect or prejudice the statutory rights of a consumer; that is, a person acquiring goods other than in the course of a business.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES:
A. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SOCIAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SOCIAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The disclaimer of warranty, exclusions, and limitations of liability set forth above are essential elements of the basis of the bargain between Social Justice Department and you.
B. SOCIAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT website CONTAINS LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES AS AN INTEGRAL PART OF ITS OPERATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SOCIAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSS (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SOCIAL JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES CAUSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY CONTACT OR INTERACTION WITH SUCH SITES.
Material on this website is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. Any other proposed use of the material is subject to the approval of Social Justice Department.
We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site and no prior permission is required for the same. However, we would like you to inform us about any links provided to our site so that you can be informed of any changes or updations therein. Also, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. Our department’s pages MUST load into a newly opened browser window of the user.
We collect NO personal information, like names or addresses, when you visit our website. If you choose to provide that information to us, it’s only used to fulfill your request for information.
We do collect some technical information when you visit to make your visit seamless. The section below explains how we handle and collect technical information when you visit our website.
Information collected and stored automatically
When you browse, read pages, or download information on this website, we automatically gather and store certain technical information about your visit. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
• IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the web) from which you access our website.
• The type of browser (such as Firefox, Netscape, or Internet Explorer) and operating system
(Windows, Unix) used to access our site
• The date and time you accessed our site
• The pages/URLs you have visited and
• If you reached this website from another website, the address of that referring website
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this data, we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.
When you visit some websites, they may download small pieces of software on your computer/browsing device known as cookies. Some cookies collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. We only use non-persistent cookies or “per- session cookies”.
Per-session cookies serve technical purposes, like providing seamless navigation through this website. These cookies do not collect personal information on users and they are deleted as soon as you leave our website.
The cookies do not permanently record data and they are not stored on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session. Again, once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
If you send us personal information
We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you (for example, to respond to your questions or provide subscriptions you have chosen). If you choose to provide us with personal information— like filling out a Contact Us form, with an e-mail address and pin code, and submitting it to us through the website—we use that information to respond to your message, and to help get you the information you’ve requested. We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your question relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law.
Our website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While you MUST provide an e-mail address for a localized response to any incoming questions or comments to us, we recommend that you do NOT include any other personal information.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular deletion.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Indian IT Act (2000).