You are here : Home Social Defence Schemes / Programmes State

Victim Rehabilitation Scheme

Scheme Type


State Government

Funding Pattern

State Government



In this scheme, compensation shall be given to victims for treatment, housing, destruction  of crops, education, income generating activities and rape cases.



Victims include dependants (sons/daughters/parents/minor sisters/brothers) of victims expired.



Maximum amount of compensation shall be Rs. 10,000/-. However, in deserving cases, committee of officers formed for the purpose headed by the District Collector will decide the amount to be granted.

Compensation shall be provided to victims for the following:




Treatment charges include entire treatment charges ie., medicine, equipments, hospital charges etc.




Compensation shall be decided on the basis of the certificate issued by the Tahsildar after assessing the damage caused to the building



Destruction of Crops

Compensation shall be decided on the basis of the certificate from the Agriculture Officer



Income Generating Activities

Assistance shall be provided through linkage with financial institutions



Rape Cases

In rape cases minor, adult and married woman shall be also given treatment. In this case, children and adults shall be treated as one group and compensation provided during this year. The cases of widow/divorcees shall be taken up during next financial year.

Eligibility criteria


    1) Applicant shall be a native resident of kerala and has to produce income certificate from the village officer.
    2) Treatment shall be in central/state government hospital. However, in deserving cases treatment in private hospitals in rural areas where the facilities of government hospitals are not available shall also be included in the scheme.
    3) Compensation shall be on the basis of the medical certificate issued.
    4) No compensation shall be given for road/motor accidents.
    5) If the surviving victims are children, the amount of compensation will be deposited in a bank till they acquire majority.


      How to Avail


      Those eligible person/persons for compensation shall submit the application to the District Probation Officer concerned with medical certificate, income certificate and copy of crime (FIR) report.

      Related Government Order