Assistance to Disabled Persons for purchase/fitting of Aids and Appliances (ADIP Scheme)
The main objective of the scheme is to assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation, by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential
Types of AIDs/Appliances to be provided are locomotive disabled, mentally disabled, hearing disabled , visually disabled etc.
1) He/she should be an Indian citizen of any age
2) Should be certified by a Medical Practitioner that he/she is disabled and fit to use prescribed aid/appliance.
3) Person who is employed/self-employed or getting pension and whose monthly income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 10,000/- per month
4) In case of dependents, the income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs. 10,000/- per month
5) Person who have not received assistance from the Government, local bodies and NGO’s during the last three years for the same purpose.
However, for children below 12 years for age this limit would be 1 year
Institutions Under ADIP Scheme
1. NISH, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram.
2. Kerala State Handicapped corporation Corporation, Thiruvananthapuram.
3. Tropical Health Foundation of India, Trissur
The quantum of assistance and income limit under the ADIP scheme is as follows:
|Total Income||Amount of Assistance|
|Up to Rs. 6,500/- per month
||Full cost of aid/appliance|
|Rs. 6,501 to Rs. 10,000 per month
||50% of the cost of aid/appliances|