Grant – in – Aid under the Deendayal Disabled Scheme
Grant–in–aid under Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme to promote Voluntary Action for Persons with Disabilities
(Revised DDRS Scheme)
Under Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme (DDRS), grant-in-aid is provided to the Non-Governmental Organizations for running projects such as Special Schools for persons suffering from visual, hearing, orthopedic and mental disability.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is administering DDRS scheme and providing grants in-aid to NGOs for the projects related to
- Vocational Training Centres
- Sheltered Workshops
- Special schools for the persons with disabilities
- Project for Cerebral Palsied Children
- Project for Pre-School and Early Intervention and Training
- Home based Rehabilitation program/Home Management Programme
- Project for Rehabilitation of Leprosy Cured Persons (LCPs)
- Project relating to Survey, Identification, Awareness and Sensitization
- Project for Community Based Rehabilitation
- Project for Human Resource Development
- Seminars/Workshops/Rural Camps
- Project for Legal Literacy, including Legal Counseling, Legal Aid and Analysis and Evaluation of Existing Laws.
- Environment Friendly and Eco-Promotive Projects for the Handicapped
- Grant for Purchase of Vehicle
- Construction of Building
- Grant for Computer
- Project for Low Vision Centres
- Half Way Home for Psycho-Social Rehabilitation of Treated and Controlled Mentally Persons.
- District Disability Rehabilitation Centres (DDRCs) The maximum level of support could be up to 90% of the eligible amount of grant for the project.