Anganwadi Karyakatri Bima Yojana
This programme under the Life Insurance Corporation’s Social group scheme provides insurance coverage to Anganwadi workers and helpers. The schemes which began in April 2004 is optional for the Anganwadi workers and helpers.
The total annual premium per member is Rs.280/-. Of which, Rs.200/- is for the Janashree Bima Yojana and Rs.80/- for critical illness benefit.
The share of premium from various sources is:-
- LIC’s Social Security Fund – Rs.100/-.
- Individual Insured - Rs.80/- (This was waived for two years from 2007-09)
Salient features of the Scheme
- Applicable to persons aged from 18-60 years
- Death other than by accident – Rs.30,000/-
- Death due to accident – Rs.75,000/-
- Permanent disability due to accident – Rs.75,000/-
- Loss of both eyes and two limbs or an eye and one limb in an accident – Rs.75,000/-
- Loss of one eye or one limb in accident – Rs.37,500/-
- Scholarship of Rs.300/- every quarter for two children from 9th to 12th Standards
- Critical illness, Rs.20,000/- on the occurrence of breast cancer, ovarian cancer / fallopian tube cancer, cervical cancer, uterine cancer